Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wine time

I could not have a day like today and NOT share it with y'all!  First off we went to two wineries.  The first was St. James and the other was Meramec.  St. James had 40 different wines at their tasting and you could choose 8 different ones.  Katie, Molly and I stood near each other so we shared sips.  So in total I think we each tried a good 12 ones.
Pictures By Molly Robin Photography

My favorite was the Island Getaway.  It's a sparkling wine that taste like you need to be sitting on a beach.  SO good!  If you are ever traveling Route 66 stop by and try some. Mmmm you will thank me.
Pictures by Molly Robin Photography

Then at Meramec Winery I bought a bottle of their Harvest Moon.  I brought it back for my hubby for watching the kids.  It taste like pumpkin spice, which was different.  The lady at the tasting said to mix it with apple cider.  So when we break open the bottle I will let you know how it mixes.

Now to the food post of the day :)

My amazing french toast:



This was probably the best french toast I have ever made!  It was so good.

The apple sauce:

OK I looked at a few different recipes and threw together what I thought would be good.

Danielle's apple sauce:

15 small apples
2 TBL brown Sugar
1.5 TSP cinnamon
squirt of lemon juice

I used me apple peeler corer slicer. Then I threw all the ingredients together in the crockpot on low for 6 hours.  Make sure to stir a few times while cooking.

Here is the kicker...........it only made about a cup of apple sauce. SO if you want more I would put a few more apples in the pot.  Or you could always put some water in there and make it a little thinner.  But it taste great. I will be making it again.

Not so random note My friend Molly was the photographer of the beautiful pictures from the winery.  She is one artsy girl!  You should go check her blog Between the Sheetz out she is cooking her way through the Pioneer Women's cookbook! Warning you might become hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment