Friday, September 21, 2012

Wine and Dine

It's Friday!  I am super excited that the weekend is here.  This weekend is going to be great tomorrow I am going to St. James Winery with some good friends.  Then Sunday we are having some close friends over for dinner.  This weekend will be filled with good friends, amazing food, and some great wine.

Sunday I will fill you in on how the amazing food and wine goes.  But I wanted to give you a heads up on what to look forward to.  

Tomorrow:  When we made the cannoli's I had left over filling.  SO me and my amazing brain thought, hmm what to do with the extra filling?  How about stuffed french toast?!?!?!?  I know pick you jaw up off the floor from that amazing idea.  So right now I have home made french bread cooking in the oven.  My house smells AMAZING! 


Then after my filling french toast I am going to try my hand at some homemade apple sauce.  My friend Katie brought over some fresh picked apples and I found a recipe that you make it in the crockpot.  If all goes well I will let you know how it turned out.  I think I am going to change a few things in the recipe so we shall see :)

While the apple sauce is doing it's thing I am going to head out to the winery.  Once home we are making the 25 pound turkey my husband grabbed at the commissary.  Great story that goes like this: 
Me: "Hey booger (what I call my hubby, yeah laugh) can you grab a turkey on the way home?  The one thing I forgot when I went shopping is the biggest I needed go figure."
Will: "Yeah babe no problem."
So he comes home with an arm full of things and this HUGE turkey.

Me: "Will this is huge.  Why did you get such a big turkey?  Do you know how big it is?  25 lbs we only needed it for Saturday (only the 4 of us and Triston wont eat it) and Sunday for the turkey tetrazzini."
Will: "I just grabbed the first one I saw."

Bahahahaha! Really?  I love him! Such a guy!  So yes now we will have a HUGE meal on Saturday.  No complaints as we will be pretty much fed for 4 days in a row.

Sunday: I am using the other loaf of french bread and making turkey tetrazzini.  I use the Pioneer Women's recipe. Check it out!  I have made it a few times before and it is amazing.  For our family we eat left overs through the whole week.  If you want to impress your friends make it some time.

 I will update you on how this weekend of yumminess goes!

Hope everyone else is having fun this weekend!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment