Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nummy food day

In our house during fall Will sits on his recliner and his eyes are glued to the TV for football.  He loves the game and watches all the teams, but his roots lie with The Ohio State University.  As for me I swing either Carolina or Clemson.  But we aren't too picky as long as its a good game.

Well you always need some good munchies if you are going to veg out on the couch all day.  So I stumbled on a Roasted Chickpeas pin and decided it was worth a try.

I let Will choose which one to try and he picked garlic parmesan.




Will and Andi loved them.  They both finished off the whole bowl before half time.  I wasn't in love with the flavor he picked.  Next I am going to make the honey cinnamon. Try them, let me know what you think!


Then I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bread. The recipe makes mini loaves.  I do not own any mini loaf pans.  So instead I make mine in coffee cups.  I made 5 mugs out of the batch but I could of fit them into 4 mugs.




See, mugs not only hold that wonderful goodness known as coffee in the mornings BUT you can make some awesome bread in it!

Side note; they make good presents too. If you have teacher mugs or holiday ones make up a quick batch and bless someones taste buds.

Now be hungry!!!


3 comments:

  1. Those roasted chickpeas look so yummy! :)

    And what a great idea to use coffee mugs, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty good! I feel that they could of been a healthier option for other snacks if they weren't eaten in one breath!

      I love baking in coffee cups, it so fun and mini sized :)

      Delete
  2. These look great! I love the idea of baking in a coffee cup~

    ReplyDelete