Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rockets!

We found a pin (doesn't it always start with that [my brain is reading this with an Irish accent if you would like to join me]).  The pin lead me to this blog where they made straw shooter.



NUMBER ONE: If you do not know me then come sit down and I will share a story with you my friend.  comfy?  need an extra pillow, cocktail?  Ok, good, now on with this story.  My wonderful son is picky and likes to control things.  This I understand, his dad deployed when he was 6 months and didn't return till he was a little over a year.  Then we moved a year after he returned.  Where we live now he leaves in spurts nothing too long, but still time with out dad.  SO how he copes with the things like moving, leaving old friends, and missing his dad; is to be picky about weird things he can control.  So food. Even if he likes it, if he didn't want to eat it in the beginning he isn't going to eat it.  Well this rolls over to straws.  (All that to get you to right here, Will says I blab...do it?) He has decided he want to drink through a straw for mostly everything.  I carry them in my car, purse, and any place I might randomly need straws.

"Danielle, you have to be spending a billion dollars on straws that is crazy!"  Is what you must be thinking.  The answer to that is no. My dad goes to this restaurant supply store and buys them bulk....I mean BULK. So I had them in spades.

This story over now back to the craft :)


I got out 3 sheets of printer paper and had both the kids draw on them to make them pretty.  We then cut them out and glued them shut.  After a few minutes he headed outside and had a BLAST with them!

We made a few challenges:
-whose rocket can go the farthest contest
-whose rocket can go the highest.
-who can aim their rocket the best.

The last one turned into a war and we chased each other around yard blowing rockets at each other.  But it kept the kids happy and wore them out.  Andi was not good at shooting them, she was too little to get the concept and kept sucking in instead of blowing out.  But she was a great rocket retriever when we would shot ours off.  So the whole family (minus dad sleeping on couch) had a great time!




No comments:

Post a Comment