Saturday, August 25, 2012

Under the two pines to the right

Today is a story of true friendship.  Nothing crazy like saving my life from a run away train or anything.  I feel amazingly blessed to have the chance in meeting people I would normally not come across in life.

Yesterday my friend Katie and I went on a fabric mission.  We live in a rather rural city and do not have many places to get fabric.  So here we go on a minor road trip about 30 east of us.

Katie comes over to my house and we pack up the kids in my car and head out.  I saw there was a letter box on the way to where we were headed.  You can not just pass up a letter box right? Exactly.  Katie says she is down.....

Picture if you will:

  • Truck rest stop on side of highway
  • Abandoned car rest stop
  • Hill full of pines
  • 2 women; 3 kids
It was a nice day weather wise, warm not too hot.  We are running around this abandoned side of the truck stop with kids in tow.  We finally get a brace on the direction to head and its down a hill and in the trees. So I say I will head down look for the box and bring it up.  

30 minutes later.....

NOTHING!  Katie and I are looking through all these trees making sure kids don't roll down the hill. All the while she is holding her son because he is only 1. So we are going nuts knowing this box is supposed to be somewhere but we CAN NOT find it.  Finally we throw in the towel both a little bummed but we had a great time trying to find it.  

On our way home from our fabric adventures I can not be but grateful for the friends God has placed in my life.  Finding a kindred soul who is down for running through fields to find a stamp and a pad of paper. Even though the "treasure" we were originally looking for was never found we found a better treasure in forming of an amazing friendship.  






No comments:

Post a Comment