Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sprouting the future



Let me be honest with you, I do not have a green thumb.  Well unless I am wearing my gardening gloves, they in fact are green.  Maybe its my way of deceiving my brain to think my flowers will actually grow.  If it helps it helps right?  

One of our tabs was to plant flowers in the front yard.  We needed to spruce it up some. I have tulips that come up in the spring but the rest of the year it looks like a well weeded pile of dirt.  We went to out local hardware store and I let Triston pick out the flowers he liked and we headed home to plant them.  

Planting was fun I did most of the work but Triston enjoyed playing in the dirt, what 4 year old boy doesn't.  Then we watered our new flowers and I said a silent prayer that they live and Will will like them.   I think we did a great job!  

Now I will leave you with conversations from my son: 

Right before this conversation I was getting my kids breakfast ready.  Not even talking to Triston about anything important.  Then he states this:
Triston: "Mom I am not letting you teach me anymore, you are teaching me how to do it wrong."
Me: "Ok, Triston what exactly am I teaching you?"
Triston: "OH YEA TOUGH GUY!" 
What argument isn't ended with such random statements? 

We were watching a Disney movie and I got my Disney World itch that hits me every 15 minutes and this is the conversation that followed:
Me: "Triston, lets go to Mickey Mouses house right now!"
Triston: "You mean right now?"
Me: "Yes, right this minute."
Triston: "Can I bring my pizza?"
Never forget the important things in life, like your pizza. 



No comments:

Post a Comment