Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby Amber

My dear friend JoHanna is getting ready to add another lil blessing into their family and yesterday I was able to attend her baby shower!  It was a lovely party.


The party started off with some light snacks and getting to know the other women attending.  It was a great group of women who were truly excited to be able to celebrate another life being brought into this world.  

Then we played a few party games:

The first was the game where you take the amount of toilet paper you think will fit around JoHanna's belly and the closest wins.  I over shot this by quiet a lot, but tore off the extra quickly to make it too small :)  hehe.  LOVE YOU JOHANNA!!!!



Then we played a game where you were blind folded and had to sift through rice to find baby pins.  I am going to be honest with you, I have never heard of this game and I thought it would be fairly easy….WRONG.  I did not do too well!  But it was a really good idea and great fun.  


Then for the last game she printed off a sheet with baby rhymes that were missing a few key words.  You had to fill in the blanks.  I did ok on this one but there were a few I wasn't too familiar with. Needless to say I won no games.  Haha, poo!  

In between each game she opened a few presents at a time.  Let me tell you JoHanna has some self control, I am not sure I could start and stop, I love opening presents!  She got a lot of cute clothes, a few bottles, diapers, and other great baby supplies.  Little Amber will defiantly be styling.  








Then right before the last game JoHanna dug into her cake.  It was super good, almost like a chocolate iv to your veins.  delish!  It had a little baby on top which was edible.  Of course none of us wanted to eat a baby, but one of the kids realized her this is sugar so it disappeared.  Haha.  I thought that was funny.  



All and all, it was a wonderful time!  I was thrilled to be celebrating with her and I can NOT wait for Amber to make her appearance.  



2 comments:

  1. You're a gem Danielle, thank you for sharing this beautiful celebration with us here in Texas.
    Forever grateful,
    JoHanna's Mom and Amber's GG :)

    ReplyDelete